There has never been a better time to add SIP channels to your business phone system.
What are SIP Channels and Trunks?
Using this standard protocol, (VoIP) providers like Lightwire connects one or more channels to the customer’s Phone Business System (PBX). Phone numbers and Direct Inward Dialing numbers (DIDs – which are virtual numbers that allow you to route calls to your existing telephone lines) are linked to the SIP trunk. The name ‘trunk’ comes from the telecom world and it means, more or less, a group of phone SIP channels.
Designed to be low cost, flexible and with increased functionality, our SIP channels don’t just connect your offices and clients in New Zealand and Australia, they connect staff wherever they are in the world.
IP voice works with a SIP capable PBX or a hosted solution to enable your business to connect remote staff with ease, allow for effective DR strategies, and of course, reduce your telecommunications spend.
Benefits of Lightwire's SIP Channels
It’s time to say goodbye to legacy business phone systems. SIP Channels deliver:
- Lower monthly Line & DID Rental – The monthly fee to have a number of lines installed at your office drops significantly with SIP Trunks. And DIDs cost a lot less.
- Lower call charges –Thousands of minutes in our plans to ensure you keep calling costs low.
- Better customer service – Provide better customer service by adding more geographical numbers. Quickly and easily add numbers to your SIP Trunk and terminate them on your IP PBX – you can give customers more options to dial in at a significantly lower cost, even long distance.
- Move offices and keep the same number – SIP lines are not bound to a location, so it’s easy to move offices without having to change your stationary or inform your customers. There is no longer any need to pay to forward phone calls to the new offices.
- Leverage a modern IP PBX – Modern IP PBX / Unified Communications solutions will give customers increased productivity, mobility and boost sales. Connecting an IP PBX to SIP Trunks is much easier than via the PSTN. You can go on-premise or hosted, the choice is yours.
- Flexibility – It is easy to add channels to your SIP Trunk to cope with increased calls.
SIP Channel Pricing
Unlimited calls per user sounds great until you realise you are paying for calls your staff aren’t making. That’s why Lightwire SIP bundles are based on how many simultaneous calls you can make. A simple concept that makes the uptake cost significantly lower, especially for corporate and enterprise entities.
5 Channel BundleBest for organisations that only need 5 simultaneous channels for calling. An excellent entry option for smaller organisations.
Up to 5 DDI Phone Numbers
6000 Local Minutes (NZ)
2000 National Minutes (AU/NZ)
50 Mobile Minutes (AU/NZ)
10 Channel BundleGreat for Teams that want to enjoy the flexibility of 10 channels. Receive and make more simultaneous calls at any given time.
Up to 10 Phone Numbers
12000 Local Minutes (NZ)
5000 National Minutes (AU/NZ)
100 Mobile Minutes (AU/NZ)
20 Channel BundlePerfect solution for organisations with dedicated staff manning the phones with heaps of inbound and outbound calls.
Up to 20 Phone Numbers
25000 Local Minutes (NZ)
10000 National Minutes (AU/NZ)
200 Mobile Minutes (AU/NZ)
If you need more than 20 channels, you can add channels in increments of 10 for $100/month to the 20 channel bundle.
Excludes $50 setup charge and $15 porting charge per number (porting free on 36 month term). Billing is based on a 24 month plan. Prices exclude GST.
Why not try our SIP Channels?
Anyone can deliver a product – delivering a quality service, however is a totally different question. We understand that making the decision to work with a Telecom provider is not an easy or risk free decision to make.
We know that you have questions. Will our support be as good as we say it will be? How fast are we to respond? How transparent is the provisioning process and account management tools? What if SIP lines are not what I’m looking for?
That’s why we offer a 14-day, risk-free trial. If you after 14 days you don’t like it, it will cancel automatically, no questions asked.
That way you can:
- Judge our service for yourself as a Lightwire client
- Experience a cost effective cloud calling system
- Easily scale your voice system as your team grows
- Enjoy high call quality
- Try out a new SIP lines provider 100% risk-free for 14 days.
Sign up for a 14-day, no-questions-asked, risk-free trial
Where calls exceed the allowance within a selected bundle, the following rates apply:
1300 inbound from landline
1300 inbound from mobiles
AU/NZ Tollfree inbound from landline
AU Tollfree inbound from mobile
NZ Tollfree inbound from mobile
United States landline
United Kingdom landline
Make the most out of your SIP bundle by adding one of the following services to your SIP channel bundle:
AU/NZ 100 DDI Block
Australian 1300/1800 Number
NZ Tollfree number
500 Mobile Minutes
1000 Mobile Minutes
- SIP channels do not accommodate fax, alarm monitoring or EFTPOS.
- Porting takes approximately 2-4 weeks to complete but lead times are best effort only.
- Services are covered by Lightwire’s 24/7 business support.
- Other rates available on request